Mission and Philosophy
Saint Thomas More School is an accredited college preparatory boarding school in the Catholic tradition for young men who have demonstrated intellectual ability yet have not realized their potential. Within a structured environment, we strive to motivate, nurture, and strengthen the intellectual, moral, physical, and social development of every student.
The objectives established to advance the St. Thomas More School Mission:
- Maximize academic achievement through a challenging curriculum supported by individual attention within a caring environment.
- Maintain a structured environment offering small classes, individual help, monitored evening study hall, and remedial programs when needed, to foster skill development, content mastery, and sound study habits.
- Create a learning environment that encourages creative thinking, aesthetic expression, and intellectual curiosity.
- Support interscholastic and intramural programs that promote physical and personal development.
- Expect and foster appropriate social behavior in interactions among peers and with adults.
- Value honesty, fairness, sportsmanship, and civility as outward signs of sound moral development.
- Celebrate and promote our ethnic and cultural diversity.
- Provide opportunities for students to build a positive self-concept through responsible decision-making and success through achievement.
- Demonstrate concern for the greater community through participation in service programs.
- Encourage faculty and administrative commitment to nurturing teacher-student relationships, personal guidance, and positive reinforcement.
- Admit students of any religion, race, national, or ethnic origin in grades eight through postgraduate.
- Provide an atmosphere that will make the school experience enjoyable for all students.
- Engage parents, students, and alumni in the life of the school.